Home OffIce

Wednesday 19 June 2013

This is a true example how life changed from the black & white TV days to colour to HD. Jokes apart, this is my home office before I decided to revamp it.

Problems I faced BEFORE

1. Laziness [it's almost everybody's problem, even though you have creative juices in you]
2. Too much light. I know light is good, overdose doesn't work for a space you want to use your computer or if you live in a TROPICAL country like me- its freaking hot in summer.
3. Clutter [don't judge]
4. Old furniture [actually new; read:BORING furniture]


Here's what I did.

1. killed the laziness [hell yeah!]
2. got double layered blinds [it's so comfortable, that I can sleep on my desk now]
3. D E C L U T T E R ed
4. used the same furniture, but revamped it a little bit 
5. added a pin up board
6. added a chalk board
7. BELIVE [d] in myself 
8. added fun knick knacks
9. added some green [terrarium]




my very own HOME OFFICE....tada!
















 Pictures: Shot by me
Please do leave your comments and tell me what you think.

for the following DIY's click below
pin up board   terrariums   chalkboard   hang plates 

24 comments:

  1. Great going Sona! Really lovely ideas! I enjoy reading your blog. All the best - wishing you more inspiration and successes in your new home office.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Padma.Helps to get generous comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome stuff Sona! Love the nick knacks and the way u put them together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Nishitha and Shilpa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job Sona . Keep up the great work ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a tastefully decorated home office, Sona! Congratulations on the successful execution! I couldn't help but notice that the porcelain bowls/plates were supported/hung with the help of multiple tiny strings (?)...Please can you write a post with directions on how to mount these plates on the wall! Thank you! Much love~~Harshitha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Harshitha, first of thanks for leaving lovely comments for moi. And to answer your query on how to hang a plate- please refer to one of my previous post on how to do the same. Donot forget to let me know how it goes.

    http://moreroomtherapy.blogspot.in/2013/03/hang-plate.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these decorating ideas. The designs are so vibrant and the view is so happy and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Sona,
    Greetings from Buma India.
    Thank you so much for sharing your experince, we are really a huge fan of your work.
    About us so, Buma india is a leading complete home solutions provider in India. We offer a wide spectrum of experiences through an extensive range of products. For more information please visit www.buma.in.

    Cheers,
    Buma India

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello,
    Greetings from Buma India.
    Thank you so much for sharing your experince, we are really a huge fan of your work.
    About us so, Buma india is a leading complete home solutions provider in India. We offer a wide spectrum of experiences through an extensive range of products. For more information please visit www.buma.in.

    Cheers,
    Buma India

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is my first visit to this blog.Thanks for time to share.
    https://sugunapestcontrol.in/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your comments for me here.